SOASTA Inc., specialists in cloud and mobile testing, announced the results of its survey of 500 IT executives representing such industries as global IT services, global tech, e-commerce, global outsourcer, insurance, financial services, transportation and retail.
Nearly all the respondents, 94 percent, indicated multiple gaps in their mobile testing approach that lead directly to significant business risk, an announcement from the company said. They ranked the top five challenges in the mobile testing industry today:
- Development that falls behind without direct access and continuous testing on current devices using an expanding array of touch gestures
- Time-to-market delays incurred by extensive and error-prone manual testing
- Unknown app impact of actual device performance (CPU, network, battery)
- Ignoring the threat of exponential mobile traffic spikes
- Inexperienced testers who miss critical areas of mobile scale and functionality
According to SOASTA's CEO Tom Lounibos, his company's mobile quality solutions eliminate the major risks reported by IT organizations across industries: TouchTest and CloudTest software, automated local mobile device labs, mPulse for monitoring real mobile users and SOASTA mobile experts.
"SOASTA is protecting the billions, even trillions, of mobile user experiences that businesses depend on today," said Lounibos. "When feature phones were prevalent, manually testing an array of different hosted phones and optical-based solutions were adequate. Now it's all about the apps, and mobile development and operations teams want local access to devices, immediate results with test automation that doesn't break and real-time visibility into their real mobile user's experiences. That's what we've built for them."
Read more about online retailing.