Software firm Symphony EYC has introduced Symphony EYC Insights 2 Execution, a new Cloud-based category collaboration platform that the company says enables retailers and CPG manufacturers to adopt best practices in category management. The platform’s initial release, iAssort, provides users with browser-based access to their information to effectively build strategic localized assortments that are space aware.
With assortment driven by customer behavior and segmentation aligned with physical store constraints and merchandising rules, the Symphony EYC solution integrates assortment and space to make planning more relevant to customers and the overall store. The software enables planners to:
- create customer segmentations informing store clustering and localized assortment plans;
- use customer metrics and preferences to drive localized assortments and planograms over the Web;
- identify cross-category dynamics that generate revenue opportunities;
- build optimized and relevant product assortments that are customer, space and inventory aware; and
- achieve full insight into the retail execution lifecycle.
The company said that iAssort promotes greater item relevance on-shelf that meets the needs and demands of customers at a local level and significantly increases the efficiency of retailer and manufacturer resources throughout the category management process.
Read more about retail technology.