Are your stores connecting with today's connected Moms?
April 27, 2011
With Mother's Day just around the corner, we can't help but think about all the wonderful moms out there who are customers in our favorite retail stores. For many retailers, women — specifically mothers — are a core customer group. These customers are loyal and are the lifeblood of many retail businesses. Today's mom customers are also very connected consumers who use the internet to find information about products and services they need.
Whether it's about specific features and benefits, pricing, or where to find the products they desire, moms search the internet 80 percent of the time for information on brands. So how can you use the internet for your retail business to connect with these connected Moms? Here we offer a few examples:
- Use social search sites like Yelp to create a testimonials for your business. Think of social search as a word of mouth referral, only bigger - and better - because more people can see it.
- Create a YouTube channel for your business. Add videos about specific products you sell, showcasing store events, or run video contests to engage customers with your business.
- Use Facebook Advertising to target specific customer groups and products. Facebook ads allow you to target specific locations and key words that make it very effective as a tool to market your business.
- Post on blogs where your customers participate. Blogs can be a powerful referral tool for any business.
- Advertise on relevant blog sites. Engaged bloggers make wonderful customers.
- Link blog posts, social media sites and videos in your company newsletters. Make your newsletters social to utilize all the wonderful content you've created across the internet.
Even if you don't use your website for selling products, there are many places to position your business on the internet today. Keying in on where your connected mom customers are participating will go a long way toward helping you market your business effectively.
Lynn Switanowski is the Founder of Creative Business Consulting Group, an International Retail Consulting firm based in Boston, MA. With more than 25 years retail experience CBCG partners with retailers to create and implement profit improving sales, inventory management, marketing and social media programs.
Recommended For You