DVI-D Extender with Audio and EDID capabilities/features:
• Transmits PC video up to 300 feet (91.4 m) and 1080p video up to 150 feet (45.7 m) over CAT6 cables.
• Reads EDID information and optimizes the display to the fullest capability of the video card.
• Control locally from the front panel or remotely using serial commands or its GUI software.
• Also drives stereo audio and bidirectional RS-232 serial data over long cable runs.
• Includes local unit, remote unit, and serial control adapter.
Extend DVI-D video and audio from a source to a distant screen and optimize the display to the fullest capability of video card of the source PC or player.
The DVI-D Extender with Audio and EDID transmits PC video up to 300 feet (91.4 m) over CAT6 cables and 200 feet (60.9 m) over CAT5e cables. However, it also supports 1920 x 1080 PC resolutions at shorter distances.
For HDTV, it extends 1080p video up to 150 feet (45.7 m) over CAT6 and 100 feet (30.4 m) over CAT5e. Lower resolutions (480p to 1080i) go farther, as far as 300 feet over CAT6.
The extender reads Extended Display Identification (EDID) information from a monitor connected to either the local DVI output port or the DVI port on the remote unit. The EDID info can be learned or set to a default, plus EDID info learned from an output device can be used to emulate that actual device.
For our full line of video extenders and other AV infrastructure solutions, visit blackbox.com/go/AVdistribution.