Livewire Digital has integrated a new mobile app with its digital signage for Washington Mall in Bermuda to provide up-to-date information to shoppers and diners, according to an announcement.
"We have to speak to our visitors in their language — in this case that language is technology," said Paul Slaughter, GM of Washington Properties Bermuda Ltd., in the announcement. "Of course we still have signage on property. We still deliver offers using traditional media. But now we also communicate using computers and smartphones to improve their shopping experience."
The mobile app, the latest iteration of technology Livewire provided in Bermuda, dovetails with a new website released in January, and became available in the Apple iStore and Google Play store in February. The mobile app and website allow tourists to plan their visit ahead of time and provide a handy resource to island residents and workers in the various service industries. With more than 600,000 visitors annually to the island, technologically appropriate wayfinding solutions are in demand, the company said.
The new interactive formats work hand in hand with Livewire's original kiosk and wall-mounted interactive digital signs, which were installed for the client in 2010 and 2012, the company said. Together, these omnichannel communication tools:
- facilitate wayfinding for travelers planning to visit the island;
- help tourists already in Bermuda to find stores, restaurants and special events;
- free up staff to provide other guest services;
- allow management to keep information updated;
- allow the addition of up-to-the-minute content;
- allow marketing messages to be customized and synchronized in each format;
- enable weather and safety alerts to be communicated instantly;
- allow user stats to be collected to customize future marketing; and
- enable tenants of the mall to access the information they need automatically.
The mobile app and website, which are still accepting updates from the 49 shops and restaurants, are powered by Livewire Digital's eConcierge content management system.
"This type of omnichannel customer engagement is critical for the success of any retail- or tourism-oriented businesses in the future," Livewire Digital CEO David McCracken said in the announcement. "The four interlaced content management solutions — mobile apps, website, interactive kiosk and digital signage — work together to make it easy for visitors to find what they're looking for. At the same time, they give the client a single platform for tailoring service and marketing to customers — all from one central database. Equally helpful, they enable instant dissemination of hurricane and other critical alerts."