Digital gifting company CashStar has announced the release of CashStar 5. Delivered as an SaaS solution, the company said its platform delivers ROI for retailers by lifting revenue, engaging consumers, and supporting omnichannel shopping experiences.
According to the company, CashStar 5 is an integrated omnichannel digital and plastic gift card platform featuring these components:
- CashStar Consumer — B2C gifting solution for merchants featuring personalized, integrated e-commerce and mobile capabilities for digital and plastic gift card sales;
- CashStar Business — B2B gift card solution providing merchants with integrated digital and plastic gift card distribution for direct and channel B2B sales;
- CashStar Marketing — flexible, scalable marketing promotion platform for merchant brands to execute campaigns for customer acquisition, engagement, loyalty, and social marketing;
- CashStar Assist — digital gift card solution for merchants to streamline and enhance customer service, warranty service, and product return operations; and
- CashStar Exchange — realtime B2B digital gift card solution and merchant network for channel and distribution partners, loyalty programs, and incentive companies.
"Sephora's mobile strategy is focused on providing real utility and a compelling user experience for our clients," said Johnna Marcus, digital business development director. "With CashStar 5, we have expanded our gift card program to the Sephora to Go iPhone app, enabling our clients to create and send highly personalized digital gift cards from the app, as well as save all their Sephora gift cards in it. No more gift cards forgotten or left at home, our clients can access their gift card balance any time, making mobile shopping — whether on the device or in our stores — easier than ever."
CashStar 5 enhancements include:
- enhanced CashStar Consumer e-commerce experience including flexible order flow, support for PayPal payments and unified digital and plastic gift card e-commerce. These enhancements have improved e-commerce conversion rates by up to 50 percent;
- new mobile app SDK for native app development and integration for iOS and Android. The mobile SDK integrates with smartphone contacts, photos and videos, enables storage and management of digital and plastic gift cards, enhances mobile wallet and payment functionality, and integrates with mobile-supported loyalty programs;
- new tactile unwrapping module for CashStar Consumer enables a rich recipient user experience. Launched just before the 2013 holidays, tactile unwrapping replicates the gift unwrapping experience in the digital medium and is live with many top brands including with QVC, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, West Elm and other brands;
- a robust new version of CashStar Business, a multichannel B2B solution providing merchants with integrated digital and plastic gift card distribution for direct and channel B2B sales. Capabilities include multicurrency support, customizable roles and permissions, and enhanced order management and review; and
- a new CashStar Marketing solution, a flexible, scalable marketing promotion platform. CashStar Marketing provides merchant brands with a wide range of promotion types, a social promotion engine powering offers via Twitter, Facebook, Groupon, Living Social, and others, and scalable technology and financial settlement capabilities.