ROAM adds chip-and-PIN to its mobile POS
Feb. 24, 2014
ROAM, an Ingenico company and a mobile commerce platform provider, announced it has expanded its mPOS solutions to include chip-and-PIN acceptance with the RP750x mobile card reader.
According to the company, features include:
- compliant with the latest industry standards (PCI PTS 3.1 with SRED, EMV Level 1 and 2, Visa-ready);
- connects with smartphones, tablets and feature phones via Bluetooth or audio jack;
- backlit display, EMV PIN pad, magnetic stripe reader, smart card reader and NFC reader;
- compact form factor just slightly larger than a credit card;
- configurable through the cloud, enabling direct shipment from factory to any country; and
- customizable for branding and form factor.
ROAM said that the reader allows mPOS players to get to market quickly with their own custom-branded solution, providing merchants with a powerful set of features that include device and fraud management, remote application configuration, and an mPOS application that can be localized for any language and currency in any country.