ROAM adds chip-and-PIN to its mobile POS
Feb. 24, 2014
ROAM, an Ingenico company and a mobile commerce platform provider, announced it has expanded its mPOS solutions to include chip-and-PIN acceptance with the RP750x mobile card reader.
According to the company, features include:
- compliant with the latest industry standards (PCI PTS 3.1 with SRED, EMV Level 1 and 2, Visa-ready);
- connects with smartphones, tablets and feature phones via Bluetooth or audio jack;
- backlit display, EMV PIN pad, magnetic stripe reader, smart card reader and NFC reader;
- compact form factor just slightly larger than a credit card;
- configurable through the cloud, enabling direct shipment from factory to any country; and
- customizable for branding and form factor.
ROAM said that the reader allows mPOS players to get to market quickly with their own custom-branded solution, providing merchants with a powerful set of features that include device and fraud management, remote application configuration, and an mPOS application that can be localized for any language and currency in any country.
Recommended For You