Survey reveals consumers open to mobile payments at POS
Nov. 20, 2012
According to a joint national survey conducted by Sybase 365 and the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), mobile devices are playing a more crucial role than ever before in influencing consumers’ shopping decisions at the point of sale and across every stage of the purchase funnel.
Key findings from the survey reveal that 61 percent of consumers reported that they would be more willing to make mobile payments if improvements were made to the current mobile commerce landscape.
Consumers would like to see improvements such as:
- More accurate results that are relevant to their shopping habits and exact locations;
- Secure connections to ensure their transactions are safe; and
- Faster connection speeds in order to obtain immediate results when they are about to make a purchase.
Additional survey findings include:
- 87 percent of consumers will use a mobile device to help make purchasing decision this holiday season;
- 50 percent will make a purchase this holiday season with a mobile device; and
- 44 percent of consumers received a deal alert on their mobile device from Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, Groupon, Target or Starbucks.
Read more about consumer behavior.
Stats and Facts