RetailCustomerExperience.com is a Web portal devoted to helping retailers differentiate on experience, rather than on price. It is founded on the understanding that retail today is fundamentally different than any other time in its history, and staying competitive requires a new, holistic understanding of customers and how they want to shop.
So You want to be featured in Retail Customer Experience? Here's what you do:
- Get Familiar with RCE: We are a niche publication focused on a very specific topic – customer experience in the retail industry which means we don’t do broad business or retail coverage. We’re looking for real life deployment stories, insight on challenges facing CX efforts, success stories and trend stories. So it’s worthwhile to spend some time reading the site, signing up for our daily and weekly newsletters so that your time is well spent when sending releases, pitches and potential contributors.
- Press Releases: We love them! But make it easy for us. Don’t send as attachments. Copy and paste your press release into the body of an email addressed to Editor@RetailCustomerExperience.com. Also send releases off embargo only. Sending a PDF will not prevent copy-editing, but it will probably delay the posting of your news.
- Article Pitches: We love these too! But keep in mind the pitch has to hit home with the focus of RCE – retail customer experience, not broad retail news or generic business ideas. Our features always include insight from a retailer/user so we need to interview a user if your client is a vendor/app maker/platform creator. So, when you send the pitch please offer up a user. We don’t do stories that just include insight from a technology vendor.
- Blog Contributions: We love these too and if you’re a regular reader you know we run several a week. The focus here is the same as features – we need true insight/tips/advice/trend tracking from a knowledgeable person. They can be a consultant, a vendor, a retailer but the focus must be on customer experience whether it’s technology, trends, what to do, what not to do, etc. Please include a full byline (name, title and Twitter or LinkedIn link). We run about six weeks out with contributions so once you submit and it’s accepted it won’t run for at least a month. If someone wants to contribute regularly (once or twice a month) we can create a special author bio blog page with a full bio and photo.
- Photographs: Include photographs and/or video if available and of good quality. Standard-format digital files are accepted (.png, .jpg, gif) as are video links and embed codes. Identify the source and person or place shown; if more than one person, tell us who's who (by name, title, company).