Sephora has announced the launch of Beauty Board, its new social shopping platform designed to engage clients through beauty images and allow them to post, share, browse and shop Sephora's photo gallery directly on Sephora.com, the mobile site, iPhone and Android apps. According to the company, clients will be able to upload photos, tag the products they use, and give helpful tips on how they achieved the look.
"Our beauty lovers are gathering and sharing beauty tips across a variety of social properties like Instagram and Pinterest, as well as our blog and beauty community site," said Julie Bornstein, EVP and chief marketing and digital officer at Sephora. "So we took what we admire as social users to the next level by developing and integrating our newest social site, Beauty Board, into our Sephora.com experience. Sephora shoppers can now share looks or hauls, and tag all of the products they used to make shopping easy for the entire beauty community. Best of all we designed Beauty Board to seamlessly connect with our clients' other social platforms, providing an informative and social shopping experience for all."
Using their current Sephora.com account information or signing up for a new account, clients will be able to create their own social accounts on Beauty Board that will allow them to upload and tag their own beauty images. The Beauty Board will simultaneously launch on desktop and mobile at the same time. The Beauty Board features:
- filters based on interest — members can search across the site for inspiration from other users in a variety of ways, from newest and most popular, to unique categories like hauls and skincare, plus keyword and hashtag search;
- "tag-able beauty" — users can tag all the products they used in their posts, so other beauty addicts can get the same look and shop for any of the tagged products on sephora.com;
- the ability to "love" photos to be saved for later — users who love a look, but don't have an occasion for it just yet can save it for later by "loving" it;
- infinite inspiration — members can brows endless photos from multiple beauty evangelists including Sephora users, stores, Beauty Pro Team, HQ staff, and brands; and
- sharing across networks — any upload can be exported to the user's social channels on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Google Plus.
Users of Sephora's Beauty Board already include top beauty influencers such as Beautyblitz.com, Beautyhigh.com, Bellasugar.com, Byrdie.com, Temptalia.com and the Sephora PRO Team, the retailer said.