Jan. 21, 2015
Ingenico Group and Beamm Inc., makers of intelligent cloud-connected POS and commerce technology for small businesses, today launched a new multichannel commerce solution for small business owners. Called the smart tabletPOS and available immediately, it combines tablet POS software integrated with cloud-based tools intended to help merchants ring up sales, manage their business, engage customers and drive revenue.
The companies said in a press release that the smart tabletPOS is the first to enable merchants to leverage their existing stand-alone terminals and acquirer relationships, and to improve their business operations.
"Small businesses face unique POS challenges," said Rod Hometh, senior vice president of market development for Ingenico Group North America, "especially as they prepare for the October 2015 EMV liability shift. Our smart tabletPOS enables small business owners to process EMV, NFC and mag stripe transactions without breaking the bank. It has a small and familiar form factor and the latest security features, including point-to-point-encryption and tokenization, and is backed by Ingenico Group's 30 years' experience in payment innovation plus the small business prowess of Beamm."
The smart tabletPOS combines an Ingenico iCT terminal, Beamm's smart iPad POS application and management tools, a tablet stand, and a cash drawer to provide a complete EMV-certified, in-store POS product that is Apple Pay and Google Wallet ready. It is being sold through Ingenico Group's existing distribution networks.
The new smart tabletPOS combines the advantages of a stand-alone terminal in the small business environment with the capabilities of an Internet-connected tablet POS system to deliver a unique combination of familiarity, functionality and forward-thinking business management tools. Features include:
- A semi-integrated platform: Card data does not enter the POS; instead, transactions are routed securely through the PCI-certified Ingenico iCT terminal. The tablet environment and POS application may be removed from scope of certain PCI programs.
- EMV and P2PE: The Ingenico iCT terminal supports EMV and P2PE, and is certified for EMV Level 1 and 2,The and PCI 3.0.
- Cloud-based inventory: The system provides real-time inventory with stock alerts and support for multivariant products across multiple locations.
- Integrated data analytics: Merchants can access real-time, cloud-based analytics for sales, products and employee performance.
- Integrated promotions engine: Merchants can create and simultaneously deliver promotions to Facebook, Twitter and the Beamm customer mobile app.
- Mobile ordering: Merchants can offer their customers mobile ordering using Beamm's customer mobile app.
"At Beamm, our mission is to provide the most innovative Cloud POS tools coupled with the smartest security. When we sought to expand upon our tablet POS offering with an EMV- and NFC-compliant reader, Ingenico Group was our top choice for a partner," said Vish Talreja, CEO at Beamm. "No one has more experience with EMV than Ingenico, and their security features lead the market. We're excited to bring this joint offering to our small business customers."