Unlike customer-facing mobile apps and websites, in-store associates and managers have insider knowledge and the ability to use in-store tools to their advantage, according to Logan Rodriguez, director of retail at Square Root. Consumers, he writes, still look to brick and mortar for added personal touch.
Is your customer experience plain vanilla, leaving absolutely no imprint at all on your customer's memory? How would your customers' stories about your business sound to prospects? Chip Bell recommends using a scenography audit.
At present, the future of brick-and-mortar retailers looks bleak; however book author John Pugliano believes the technological forces that have favored online retailing are about to shift the advantage back to the local storefront.
Victoria Bough, general manager for Customer Experience Solutions at Periscope By McKinsey, explores the key steps and traps to avoid in transforming a middling approach to customer experience measurement into one that delivers impact and creates value.
Denise DeSisto, VP, marketing automation and product innovation at Customer Portfolios, says every retailer's goal must be to keep customers at the center of a brand's marketing strategy. It means providing an experience boasting relevant content, product recommendations and targeted offers at the appropriate time throughout the consumer lifecycle.
A one-hour free webinar on July 27, hosted by Adobe, will offer actionable insights and tips for retailers striving to craft a successful customer journey.
Digital leaders from Behr, Subway, SoftBank and FordDirect share insight and opinion on where robotics fits into the customer experience and what promise the technology boasts.
Jeff Kagan explains why smart home growth is picking up steam and how it presents an opportunity for retailers, if they handle it correctly and position themselves right.
Shopping is interactive, with 53 percent of consumers saying they'd pay more for valuable experiences. Half of in-store shoppers today say they're more likely to shop at retailers that offer assistive technologies. How, then, can retail brands prototype the in-store technologies and avoid a backfire? The process involves four crucial steps.
With millennials making up approximately 30 percent of the population, retailers strive to tailor efforts to reel in this group, yet often overlook the remaining 70 percent. The millennial generation may be driving retailers to keep-up with their tech savvy speed and connectivity, but retailers must build an environment that works for all.
In the end, the retail evolution is all about the customer. Being tech-savvy, shoppers want their shopping experience to reflect their daily life: a mix of online and offline. It is up to the retailers and brands to build a great customer experience, to satisfy their connected shoppers, and increase their foot traffic and ROI.
Verizon's VP of Digital and Innovation Miguel Quiroga talks customer experience strategy, new tool innovation and why digital tech is not only changing business and customer experience, but changing how retailers and customers communicate.
The well-known British-based lifestyle/fashion/homeware retailer opened its first New York City store this month, bringing its successful customer experience strategy abroad for the first time. Retail Director Steve Morris shares the retailer's approach to CX and why it's all about a customer-first culture.
Every retailer and restaurant is going mobile or has gone mobile but a successful strategy to meld it with the physical customer experience takes work. Lots of work.
Achieving employee buy-in needs to be part of the project from the beginning when introducing customer interactive technology.
Interactive technology, besides empowering consumers, gives stores new reason to take new measures to make customers feel at home.
Attendees at the Interactive Customer Experience Summit in Dallas took advantage of a chance to find out first hand during a panel featuring seven millennial shoppers.
Amazon's Whole Foods Market acquisition points to a changing role for physical stores; millennials hold the key
Amazon's acquisition of Whole Foods Market is yet another sign – the biggest to date – that retail is being redefined by multiple shopping channels.
By uncovering the path your customers follow when they engage with your brand, you'll gain four valuable insights that can help you build a stronger, more loyal relationship with them.
From the minute a shopper walks into the new Fort Worth, Dallas-based Neiman Marcus, digital technology is nearby. Here’s the scoop on how the retailer's iLab is developing and designing innovations that are driving a robust customer experience.